I spend a lot of time in the summer dreading the fall. Warm, sunny weather in the Pacific Northwest is a rarity and I truly do hate to see it go. But now that cooler days have set in, I’ve remembered that I actually like wearing scarves and sweaters, using the fireplace, and making crock-pot dinners. I also love sweet potatoes.
Even for breakfast.
These are perfect alongside some local grass-fed goat sausages. I made enough for a few days and then breakfast was just a few microwave buttons away.
Cumin Roasted Sweet Potatoes
adapted from September 2012′s Vegetarian Times
- 3 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- southern sweet potato hash and a giveaway (justcooknyc.com)
- Sweet Potato Fries (cantstayoutofthekitchen.com)
- Fudgy Sweet Potato Truffles (eatrecyclerepeat.com)
I added this post to this week’s Full Plate Thursday, Thriving on Thursdays, Whole Foods Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Fat Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Hop, Cast Party Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, Traditional Tuesday, and Slightly Indulgent Tuesday.