How is everyone doing on New Year’s Resolutions? Losing steam? Me too. I went out for all 3 meals yesterday (terrible!) and may have had 1 more glass of wine than was strictly necessary.
I truly do believe that life is about balance, though, and so rather than beat myself up over yesterday’s indulgences, I woke up excited to make a breakfast full of nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber. Doesn’t hurt to make it easy on the eyes, either.
This breakfast was light and filling at the same time. A sweet way to start the day.
Superberry Breakfast Bowl
– 1 cup frozen blackberries
– 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
– 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
– 3 pineapple rings (from a can)
– a generous handful of parsley leaves
– 2 tsp potato starch (optional, a great prebiotic!)
– 2 tsp MCT oil
– 1 tsp greens powder (I use Vitamineral Green)
– a few pinches bee pollen, for sprinkling
– goji berries, for sprinkling
Blend up all but the last few ingredients and pour into a bowl.
Top your bowl with the bee pollen and goji berries. Enjoy!